Please help my HC

Steven

Guru Class Expert
Aug 5, 2009
Hello all, for the past 2 weeks I've been very happy cause my HC have started to grow after recovered from melting but recently I just spotted something has gone wrong and looked like they are melting again or something or algae but I don't know for sure...Please folks help me

P8270337.jpg

P8270341.jpg

It also happens to my daonoi but not that bad

P8270346.jpg

Is it nutritions deficiency? I dose Seachem NPK+Flourish+Trace+Iron but only at product suggested level. Or is it a CO2 unstable output? I noticed that my CO2 regulator is not quite precision as it will reduced the CO2 output itself very slowly as I noticed it in bubble counter and then I just increase it later once every 1 to 2 day.

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
A good bet that if it showed up after a disruption in CO2 delivery that is what triggered the outbreak.

Can you (gently) rub it off?

Does it feel slimy, slick or rough, 'dry'?

At any rate getting the CO2 back and maybe a good water change should correct the problem.

I tend to think you can always bump up the recommended levels in a commercial product.

Biollante

Steven

Guru Class Expert
Aug 5, 2009
Thank you Biollante, it appears that it break off after I tried to rub it. The HC condition is still pearling though so it's not melting I guess? A CO2 disturbance? I think I will change the regulator of CO2 soon then (it will costs me a lot :( ).

jazzlvr123

Guru Class Expert
Jul 3, 2007
Steven;40013 said:
Thank you Biollante, it appears that it break off after I tried to rub it. The HC condition is still pearling though so it's not melting I guess? A CO2 disturbance? I think I will change the regulator of CO2 soon then (it will costs me a lot :( ).

looks like low co2 to me try increasing your ppms, hc and downoi are both pretty co2 demanding plants

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
jazzlvr123;40015 said:
looks like low co2 to me try increasing your ppms, hc and downoi are both pretty co2 demanding plants

They both are easy to grow if............the CO2 is good otherwise.
Regards,
Tom Barr

Steven

Guru Class Expert
Aug 5, 2009
Yes, I assume the same too. I will replace my regulator soon and temporary, I will watch my CO2 output everyday to prevent that regulator to slowed down itself :( . Thank you all once again folks.