This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Please help my HC

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Steven, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Steven

Steven Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    Hello all, for the past 2 weeks I've been very happy cause my HC have started to grow after recovered from melting but recently I just spotted something has gone wrong and looked like they are melting again or something or algae but I don't know for sure...Please folks help me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also happens to my daonoi but not that bad

[​IMG]

Is it nutritions deficiency? I dose Seachem NPK+Flourish+Trace+Iron but only at product suggested level. Or is it a CO2 unstable output? I noticed that my CO2 regulator is not quite precision as it will reduced the CO2 output itself very slowly as I noticed it in bubble counter and then I just increase it later once every 1 to 2 day.

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    A good bet that if it showed up after a disruption in CO2 delivery that is what triggered the outbreak.

Can you (gently) rub it off?

Does it feel slimy, slick or rough, 'dry'?

At any rate getting the CO2 back and maybe a good water change should correct the problem.

I tend to think you can always bump up the recommended levels in a commercial product.

Biollante

3. Steven

Steven Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Thank you Biollante, it appears that it break off after I tried to rub it. The HC condition is still pearling though so it's not melting I guess? A CO2 disturbance? I think I will change the regulator of CO2 soon then (it will costs me a lot :( ).

4. jazzlvr123

jazzlvr123 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    looks like low co2 to me try increasing your ppms, hc and downoi are both pretty co2 demanding plants

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    They both are easy to grow if............the CO2 is good otherwise.
    Regards,
    Tom Barr

6. Steven

Steven Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Yes, I assume the same too. I will replace my regulator soon and temporary, I will watch my CO2 output everyday to prevent that regulator to slowed down itself :( . Thank you all once again folks.