This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Please give me advice with lightning,

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Zarke, Mar 3, 2017.

1. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    5:38 AM
    Leave 1-2 BNP. SAE are useless once they grow old and get used to normal food.

2. Zarke

Zarke Subscriber

Local Time:
    Well they are still around 6 cm SAE, they are working 24/7 ;-), I will leave aquarium alone for now....just maintenace (50% weekly waterc change and trimming)....

I am planing to get a little bit more light to improve growth (faster growth a little bit), and see..... its a proces i see, no rush...

3. Zarke

Zarke Subscriber

Local Time:
    Well I am so happy with my "algae free" tank that i need to show you progress after I reduce lightning as adviced here. I took of 3 of 4 reflectors. One reflector on the back T5 special plant near black background I left and it works good.

No algae at all, clear water and plants are nice too..

I still dose EI as suggested and CO2 runs for 16 hours, maybe i waste a lot off it.... CO2 on from 07:00AM- 23:30 PM (photoperiod 15:30PM-24:00PM)... but i think i have nice level of CO2 all the time, plants are thriving without algae...

refilling a 10 kg CO2 bottle in my town is 10 $ and in this my on off maethod it last 3 month now and still the pressure is at 50 bar heheh i thin it will run for 4-5 months.. so i figure why not to put co2 in tank for much longer time than lights are on, as i say maybe i waste a lot but its cheap....

Thank you guys for advice about lightning it helped about GSA ang GDA big time....

4. riskybusiness

riskybusiness Junior Poster

Local Time:
    The middle lighting effect is enough for your aquarium. There are more bulb lights than the plants and fishes action. I suggest you bring out the light which is effected for the fishes.