This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Plants with food or yuck

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, Sep 22, 2008.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    I am having a bit of trouble and not sure what to do. I added a lot of plants a week ago and I reduced food amount.
    Since Discus are known for blowing at the gravel to see what will come up. I think they blow the disc residue onto the near by plants. I plan on adding a small power head and want all my fish to have time to eat the wafers. I put them in the tank an hour before I turn out the lights. Will the powerhead blow the sinking wafers away so the other fish won't have time to take their turn? Should I just get use to food on the plants near by. I am not sure what to do.

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    Hi,

Sinking wafers will still make it to the bottom even with the powerhead, just maybe more spread out....

If this is an issue, put the powerhead on a timer so it goes off for an hour or so while you feed.

Many fish browse plant leaves for food. Your fish will find it! I don't think that you will have leftover food on the leaves lol