This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Planted Tank Nutrient Dosing Calculator Question

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Mark Cagno, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Mark Cagno

Mark Cagno New Member

Local Time:
    3:13 AM
    Sorry...I have a newbie question that I'm sure is a silly one but I am a bit confused.

When I use the fert calculator for KNO3..... it gives an answer of how much K, N, & NO3.

If I'm trying to figure out how much Nitrogen is in my dosage...... do I just take the amount of N in the result or do I have to add the N03 amount as well?

For Example When I input
    20 Gallon
    DIY
    KN03
    check a solution
    1000 ml container size
    dose size of 62 ml (which I think is the same as 62 grams)
    Result of my dose
    1 ml dose

The result shows:
    No3 = .68
    N = .15
    K = .43

I understand that there is .43ppm of Potassium from the K in the KN03....
    I understand that the Nitrogen is .15ppm

I am not sure whether I have to add anything in the nitirgen calculation for the NO3 result. Do I add the .68ppm to the .15ppm? Do I take 22.6% of the N03 result and add it to the N? Do I ignore the N03 number as it is already factored in the N result?

Sorry for this...I would think I could figure it out but to me it seems like .15ppm for this much for this dosage is too low yet to me +.15+.68=.83ppm seems to high for this dosage.

But...I am neither a chemist nor a mathematician by any means. Appreciate any help.