This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Planted Nano with Betta - Size Advice

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Quilterxx66, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Quilterxx66

Quilterxx66 Subscriber

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    Hi All,

I’m preparing to buy a new tank, and I need help choosing the tank. I want to heat and cycle the tank. I want to make sure that it has a large enough volume of water to do it successfully with a stable cycle.

How will a Betta fare with Aqua Soil Amazonia?

Is 5.3 gallons of water enough or would I be better off with the 8 gallons? The tank will be placed on top of my desk if the weight of water is a consideration. I also plan to have a betta as well as plants.

Thank you.

2. Sourpuss

Sourpuss Member

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    5 gallons is big enough. 8 gallons is more stable. Lots of plants will help. Depending on the attitude of your betta, you could add 1 larger breed nerite (zebra or tiger) or 2-3 or the smaller horned nerite. Some betta ignore them while others pester them to death. I had mine in 4 gallon, heavily planted tanks.

3. hn5624

hn5624 New Member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    I think you should actually add as many variety of plants as possible.
    Every single betta I've ever kept acted pretty lethargic when kept in bare tanks. I'm not sure of their intelligence, but it they really seemed almost "bored" in a sense.
    Given the opportunity to be in a densely plantedtank, they are always exploring everywhere, searching every nook and cranny for food.

I say bettas seem to be livelier when kept in tanks with massive amount of surface area to explore with total tank volume being secondary.

Tags: