Plant Name

dbazuin

Guru Class Expert
Dec 30, 2009
Why Ibanez,

I have the echinodorous tenellus and lookt the sagitaria subulata up with google but is is not easy to tell the difference.
So what make you so sure?
I am keen to lean as always.

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
dbazuin;52717 said:
Why Ibanez,

I have the echinodorous tenellus and lookt the sagitaria subulata up with google but is is not easy to tell the difference.
So what make you so sure?
I am keen to lean as always.
Hi!
I have tenellus in my quarantine tank and i've had subulata for a long time in my Rio..
Leaves look a little different , tenellus starts slimmy , than wide and then pointy... ...while sagitaria goes from wide to pointy.. (hmm, i hope you will understand my poor description)

This just looks like sagitaria , not tenellus...

chad320

Prolific Poster
Jun 1, 2010
Illinois
+2 on the sagitaria. That stuff took over my whole tank (65g) about 5 years ago. It sends out runners in every direction like vals do and if you dont constantly prune them youll have more than you can deal with.

Crispino Ramos

Guru Class Expert
Apr 23, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
picture of B japonica and pygmy chain sword?

The picture I posted was taken by the seller who called it pygmy chain sword. It just arrived today and it looks like Echinodorus tenellus but I'm not sure. The seller's picture of the plant didn't seem to represent the plant as I see it when it arrived. Comments?

BlyxajaponicaandPygmychainsword.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

chad320

Prolific Poster
Jun 1, 2010
Illinois
I wish id would have found you 2 months ago. Id like some more of your plants. And I just sold 3 square feet of that stuff.

chad320

Prolific Poster
Jun 1, 2010
Illinois
My E. tennelus doesnt get fat leaves like that but mine are in a non co2 5g as foreground plants. I sometimes have a hard time seperating my E. tenellus from dwarf hair grass.