Planing To Plant in Live Aquarium

milindsaraswala

Junior Poster
Jun 2, 2008
I have 8 Gallon of Fresh water tank with 6 Tiger Barb,1 Blue Garumi. Air Water filter and Oxygen generator. It have small stone fully covered which come with tank.

It is fully cycled working from last 4 months. Now I am planing to plant some plants which should not get much big and cover my small tank and also should be compatible with my fish with low light.

So what type of gravel should I need how much light and which plant is better for beginner.

rusticitas

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2006
Pennsylvania
What are the dimensions of the tank (length x depth x height)?

What kind of filtration are you using for biological, chemical and mechanical?

What is your budget (how much did you want to spend)?

You are basically talking about redoing the tank, since you ask about which gravel and light to get.

milindsaraswala

Junior Poster
Jun 2, 2008
rusticitas;25756 said:
What are the dimensions of the tank (length x depth x height)?

What kind of filtration are you using for biological, chemical and mechanical?

What is your budget (how much did you want to spend)?

You are basically talking about redoing the tank, since you ask about which gravel and light to get.
Exactly I dont remember what is the size of my tank but it is 8 Gallon tank with long in length.

I am using mechanical filter

I am not sure about buget But I am ready to spend not very much and also not very less amount of money.

Sorry but I dont got your point about redoing the tank. As far as I understand you I dont have any light for tank and stone is there at the bottom of the tank which was came with my tank

Neal

Junior Poster
Feb 3, 2007
milindsaraswala;25803 said:
Exactly I dont remember what is the size of my tank but it is 8 Gallon tank with long in length.
8 gallons is an unusual size, could you measure it? The dimension will help in recommending plants and equipment, especially lights.

I am using mechanical filter
Yes, but what type and brand? That may influence what we suggest.

I am not sure about buget But I am ready to spend not very much and also not very less amount of money.
I'm afraid I can't get any idea how much you want to spend from this statement and budget drives much of how you will run your tank.

Sorry but I dont got your point about redoing the tank. As far as I understand you I dont have any light for tank and stone is there at the bottom of the tank which was came with my tank
The 3 key things for a planted tank are the water, the gravel and the light. You are missing 2 of the 3, so you basically are starting from scratch. Unless I am misunderstanding you. By stone, so you mean a single stone or many small stones that cover the whole bottom of the tank?

milindsaraswala

Junior Poster
Jun 2, 2008
I will send u pic of my tank I have now put melon sword. Let me know what is your opinion.

dsc00236mw2.jpg

dsc00237nr1.jpg

dsc00240ia6.jpg

dsc00241eu2.jpg