Pic Of The 6 Ft Tank. Repairs&setting Up.

Grant Varcoe

Mar 11, 2018
Melbourne Australia
This is my 6 Ft tank in progress. The bottom glass was smashed bought 2nd hand for a bargain price so it was off to the Glazier for repairs at my expense, daunting process moving it around. Setting up the base too, pics before and after.

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Woah, that looks like quite an undertaking! Is it fixed yet or still in the process?

theobroma

Mar 9, 2018
New England
Hey Grant, looks great I have one just like it (except mine has a blown out side) that I've been planning to fix. I don't think I'll go for glass, but epoxy plywood (save my money for plants, etc.) and do it myself. I'm also thinking I'll flip it so the busted side becomes the open top. It will make it more shallow, but wider. Thanks for the motivation!

Maroman

Junior Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Lehigh Valey, Pennsylvania
Your new to you tank looks great! Even though the picture does not show the repaired bottom of the tank, it does hold water which is a huge improvement on the first pictures! Haha! :D Great use of space! I assume you know the possibility of additional algae from the sun coming in the window behind the tank since you have shades pulled down on the window. Good luck with getting everything together!