This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.
    Dismiss Notice

phosphate ?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ccLansman, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Jan 22, 2008
    10:04 AM
    In an article on aquatic world i found this as a definition for phosphorus deficiency. However i dont understand the line on ph range dependency? What does that have to do with P? Also my fast growers have burnt looking leaves but my P is over 10ppm, what else could cause this? Light is 2-3wpg, co2 is high, drop checker always green, all other ferts are in excess, i do weekly 50% changes. I have anubis that are flowering and no old leaves that look almost black.

Phosphorus (P)

* Symptoms: Small leaves that may take on a reddish-purple tint. Leaf tips can look burnt and older leaves become almost black. Reduced flowers or seed production.
    * Sources: Compounds containing the words 'phosphate' or 'bone'. Also greensand.
    * Notes: Very dependent on pH range.

also what is this:
    Witches brooms sometimes form
    Says its due to boron being low, i know my anubis have large roots shooting out with smaller roots jutting out in all directions from them.
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Jan 23, 2005
    10:04 AM
    This info is for terrestrial plants.

Tom Barr