This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

pH probe calibration solution, where and what to buy?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by atrixnet, Dec 13, 2007.

1. atrixnet

atrixnet Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    I know there are different types of pH calibration solutions, but which one(s) should I be looking for and where should I be buying from?

My Milwaukee pH probe came with calibration solution in a sachet, but with no re-order instructions of any kind.

I know I could always call the good folks at Milwaukee Instruments - Manufacturer of pH, EC, TDS, ORP, Dissolved Oxygen meters, monitors, controllers and testers. but I wonder, what's the /inside/ skinny on this topic? Can these solutions be had for lower prices or of better quality somewhere else?

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

I use a Milwaukee probe/meter and always just use their brand when I need new calibration fluid.

Just easier IMO than trying to determine a good substitute.

Also, not that expensive in the first place, but again IMO.

A google search should land you several places to purchase it........

Good luck.

3. atrixnet

atrixnet Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    By way of update, I wanted to forward on my communication with Milwaukee Instruments:

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Most on line general aquarium larger outfits sell calibration solutions, get a pH 4.01 and a 7.01 set, either individual packets or a larger bottle.

Just wash the probe before/after with DI water so you do not mess with the larger bottle and contaminate it.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

5. atrixnet

atrixnet Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks for your attention. I'll look at Dr Foster and Smith and That Fish Place. If anyone else has some specific suggestions to a particular retailer, I appreciate that as well.

--
    Tommy Butler

6. rusticitas

rusticitas Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I bought my solutions at the local hydroponic shop. Got electrode storage solution, TDS calibration solution, EC calibration solution, pH 7.01 calibration solution... It was about the same price as buying online and paying for shipping, but I could walk out the door with it.

Not sure where in TX you are located, but looking very quickly on Google, I found a place called Texas Hydroponics, which is apparently in Dallas.

Texas Hydroponics :: Hydroponics :: Meters & Testing :: Calibration/Storage/Cleaning Solution

7. atrixnet

atrixnet Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Gotta loooooooove that instant gratification of walking out the door with what you wanted. Ahhhhhhhh.

I wish I could find a place around here in DFW, TX that had anything resembling a decent assortment of hydroponics products.

8. rusticitas

rusticitas Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Check my updated posting... :)