This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

PH Levels

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by martinphillip03, Jan 26, 2006.

1. martinphillip03

martinphillip03 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

My co2 system is up and running using the Barr method. Currently I am using the misting method. 55 gal tank, planted to the gills with plants, no ph monitor, co2 turned off at night.
    I understand you want to saturate the tank with co2. With levels about 35ppm?
    I understand how to use the tables comparing kh to ph.
    My question is, How long should it take for the ph to drop to its lowest levels? Past two days the ph is around 6.6.(kh and gh arouind 3 to 4 drops)
    I just upped the co2 a bit. I want the ph around 6.0. But should the ph drop to that level in 2 hours or should it take 8 hours to reach that level.
    If you need clairification let me know. I am explaining the best I can

Thank you

Marty

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: PH Levels

You want to have the the CO2 level high asap in the early part of the day.
    Late in the day matters less, but it should stay fairly stable over the course of the day.

So you want 30-35ppm and some surface movement.
    Should take 1 hour to get that or so.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. martinphillip03

Lifetime Member

Re: PH Levels

Thanks Tom

Marty

Tom Barr]You want to have the the CO2 level high asap in the early part of the day.
    Late in the day matters less, but it should stay fairly stable over the course of the day.

Regards,
    Tom Barr[/QUOTE]

4. martinphillip03

Lifetime Member

Re: PH Levels/co2 levels

Tom, A question arises. If I get to max co2 in one hour, not using a ph probe, What happens to all the co2 I pump into the tank the next 11 hours. Is my co2 in equilibrium, input equals output. My fish aren't distressed, so I guess I can have 100% O2 with 100% co2 coexisting. Co2 is turned off at night

Thank you

Marty

You want to have the the CO2 level high asap in the early part of the day.

Regards,
    Tom Barr[/QUOTE]