Pearlweed & H. Aromatics Leaves Becoming Trancelucent

nanomania

Jul 24, 2020
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Excel is not needed for plants if you are injecting CO2 at sufficient rates. If you are using Excel as an algaecide for red algae (BBA and other hair-type algae), you will need to dose it at the recommended dosing, at a minimum. However, there are better ways to control algae, unless you have a problem outbreak. It is not effective against GWA, GSA and GDA.

When Excel is dosed daily, as per instructions, it may melt Anacharis (Egeria/Elodia), Vals, Duckweed and Marimo moss balls (which are a form of algae). These plants can be trained to use it if adapted slowly by not doing the recommended “initial” weekly dose and then just half-dosing every other day, gradually building up to recommended levels. Vals, for example, will initially melt and then re-grow fully acclimated to it.

Adding Equilibrium will not be a problem, if not overdosed. Your GH reading of 4 dGH indicates that you are far from overdosing. If you think there is a problem with the API test kit, first check the expiration date on the API kit. If it is good, you can do a rough calibration to check that it is working by adding 890mg (approx. 1/8 teaspoon) of Equilibrium to 1 gallon of distilled water. The API test result should then be in the 4 dGH area.

Since im facing some BBA and Staghorn, im planning to so spot treatment only a day before WC.

My co2 is now at approx 3.3bps

Po4 was 0, added today as per EI-daily, double the dose, as tomorrow is WC day.

Added a tiny 12v pump for a dead area.

API expiry is 2022. Initially i never added any equilibrium, there was no melting at all. Added as my gh was only 3. However i have see alot of salt creep in my other FW tanks, so im guessing i have good amt of calcium. As for mag, teopica has mag, also planning on buying a good mag testkit, but in my country, only saltwater mag testkits are available.

I checked tropica premium for EI daily, it shows 15ml, thats kinda shocking for 105ℓ, its 7+ times of the recomended dose. I tried calculating, but w/w% to ppm conversion is too confusing. So im deciding to continue with 4ml daily, which is already double the dose.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

nanomania

Jul 24, 2020
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Right aftwr adding potassium dihydrogen po4, my rotalas and some other plants have pikedup darker colour.[emoji4]

However im seeing these lines on leaves, please check the pic closely. What can be the rrason for this? As i cudnt find online.
707678595bef6f0a0717e26718b66af5.jpg

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk