This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

pearl when adding macros

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by nicklfire, Apr 1, 2009.

1. nicklfire

nicklfire Subscriber

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    Hey guys,

I've always been the type of person to dose my fertz usually when i get home (too lazy to do in the morning before the light turns on). My light comes on at usually around 2pm and i dose at around 6, i always usually notice the plants pearl after the addition of the macros) wondering if anyone else experiences that?

2. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    its more than likely coincidence ;) The pearling starts once the water cannot absorb any more O and therefore it forms in bubbles instead.

Some people get pearling pretty quickly, others never see it :)

All to do with the rate of growth of the plants alongside the O content of the water.

i.e. no CO2, low light, no surface disturbance may mean no pearling or not until later in the day.

High CO2, high light and water disturbance may mean a couple of hours.

I would put myself in the fast growth with water disturbance region and get pearling after 4-5 hours (which seems a similar time frame to you)

I dose about 2 hours before the lights

AC