This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Passive Co2?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Pbenz, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Pbenz

Pbenz New Member

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    About a week ago I was at my LFS and saw a “disposable co2 can kit” for $10. Since I have been wanting to get into co2, but just didn’t want to spend $500+ on a pressurized co2 setup, I bought it. It uses the passive method to get co2 into the tank. It is on a 29g, so my thought is that it isnt diffusing (?) enough co2 into the tank. Anyone have success with this “passive co2” method?

2. FxFocus

FxFocus New Member

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    If your talking about what I think your talking about then the first three minutes of this video may be of interest, although I enjoyed watching the whole thing...

3. Pbenz

Pbenz New Member

Local Time:
    Yeah I just watched that video last night haha. Its not putting very much co2 into the tank though, so id probably be better off with a pressurized system.

4. FxFocus

FxFocus New Member

Local Time:
    Well I guess if you've got dozens of tanks it may be more practical than a regulator on every tank, but for most of us pressurised is the way to go I think.

I do question your $500 price tag though. My setup consisting of regulator, inline diffuser and Fire Extinguisher was only around £180 from a reputable supplier here in the UK.

5. Pbenz

Pbenz New Member

Local Time:
    Why use a co2 fire extinguisher? Do you not have bottled co2 available? Off topic but whatever

6. FxFocus

FxFocus New Member

Local Time:
    I got the FE because I was having trouble sourcing a standard bottle locally here in the UK. It is my first and it's still going. Since then I've been recommended a local supplier that will refill (exchange) my FE when it's empty. I'll probably go down that route as the FE fits neatly into the cupboard space I have available. Lot's of fishkeepers use FE's (at least in the UK) so I suspect it's for the same reason I did.

7. FxFocus

FxFocus New Member

Local Time:
    @Pbenz
    This is my setup...
    [​IMG]

8. Pbenz

Pbenz New Member

Local Time:
    Wow thats awesome! I just noticed the co2 chamber in my tank is starting to collect duckweed... Anyway, my rotala is pearling, which it didnt do before!

FxFocus likes this.
Tags: