This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Par Reading and Fishneedit 150w

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by nicklfire, Jul 27, 2009.

1. nicklfire

nicklfire Member

Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    Hey guys,

wondering if any of you have the 150w fishneedit 6700k MH light?, i know Tom has one he's the one that told me about them.

Wondering if any of you with par meters would be able to measure how well the light performs and the distance from the light to the top of substrate.

I'm interested in what the readings are as i use this type of light.

Thanks

2. R33 GTR

R33 GTR Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I know that this post is old but i wanted to know the same thing whats the performance of th fishneedit.com MH 150watts i want one for a ADA 90-P

3. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    As I've said in other places, be careful with them. They're improving, and some of their new models seems to be much better from what I've heard. Some of their past lights have burnt out within a year, and others have met spectacular endings. Their customer service (at least through e-mail) does not speak english very well, so don't count on a lot of help unless it's as simple as, "My light exploded"

I decided not to buy from them ultimately. I'm going to check back now and then, though; their prices are excellent.

-Philosophos

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

I have 3 of these 24" above a 180 72x24x24 tank. Current Outer Orbt fixture 72".

PAR of at least 75-100 on the substrate.

Bulbs are at least 9 months old. I think they are fine.

Hope this helps.