This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

PAR level for Dutch tank

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by pablo12345678, Jun 26, 2016.

1. pablo12345678

pablo12345678 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    Hello Barr Reports guru and members.

I've kept medium light CO2 tank for a few years with particular interest in Amano nature style.

I grow tired of nature tank for some time and now I prefer try dutch tank after I witness Tom Barr tank.

I take PAR reading at substrate and is near 70 PAR. I use DIY LED light very similar tech to ADA Aquasky. Is not good looking as Aquasky though!

What PAR you think I need for dutch tank with mix of red and green stem plant?

I remake LED to achieve this recommend level.

With many thanks.

Pablo.

2. Pikez

Pikez Rotala Killer!
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Most Dutch tanks will do fine with 70 PAR at substrate. Some red Ludwigia will be happier at 100 PAR, but even they will be OK at 70. They will look better at 100.

3. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    Why not dutch at what you've been keeping Amano nature style aquariums at? medium light co2

70 PAR at subs and if you have to ask, it will pose problems for u

4. pablo12345678

pablo12345678 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks for your answer. :)

When I say Amano style I forget to explain some further. I start off all ADA product and rules and then over time I start increase light, flow, CO2, fert to be some more like EI. When I learn speak english I can use west country forum where the EI is explain more detail so I can make some sense. I use the EI now 1.5 year but I was slow to use full level because my friends like ADA make me scared. After I try now my friends see result and take interests in this.

For Amano style I use most often 50 PAR at substrate but I make LED more power to 70 PAR in last 6 month. I get some balance after time and algae pass away. I take advice here and adjust some things. I add some stem plant but they did not do ok. I use rotala macranda and tonina which I find to hard for me just learning! I change to alternanthera and ammania gracilis with some goods success but not red like I want some.

I learn now that I will need increase Fe and reduce some NO3 perhaps make red stem better.

Thank you help me with light. I try 70 PAR for while and not try ludwigia for some time.