This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Painting PVC with Krylon Fusion

Discussion in 'Articles' started by inkslinger, Sep 28, 2010.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    4:38 AM
    Krylon Fusion Paint is what everyone uses for the aquarium. I use it on my intake , I spray it on my pvc after I sand it a little an gave it a couple of coats and let it dry for a couple of weeks. But when it was put in water I notice it had tiny little pin bubbles all over it ? Should I have use a primer first or do I have to use a sealer after it sets, It look nice when I got done painting it the first time .

:gw

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/117138-painting-pvc-krylon-fuzion.html

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Vinegar?

Hi,

I have never used primer, though I do thoroughly clean PVC, the only thing I can think is that you did not get all of the debris from sanding.

A little distilled white vinegar and water works for me. :)

Biollante

3. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Will I finish painting it's now to let it curl for a couple of days before putting it in the water.

:gw

DSC_0057..JPG

DSC_0059..JPG

DSC_0061..JPG