Oursaunougat 240L tank (from 1 year old to future)

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
Happy new year,
To be sure the CO2 is on top when light on , i have set It start on 5am to light on 8,5 am.
I have reduced high light intensity to be sûre CO2 is enough, and i continue full ei dosage.

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
With low light i have seen grow in high but too much so i have trimed, and then come back to previous setting of light.

The most algae i have now is the Green beard algae or maybe fuzz

I continue the routine and trim Time after Time of grow béguin to be too tall for letting flow circulate.

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
end week 2 WC and trim, get back to light normal without high light spot.
2 death this week, the last one goldfish no reason, and the orange one with an accident with vaccuming last week. Bad week...

so now the black one is the king of the tank.

_DSC2699 light.jpg

Reactions: burr740 and Greggz

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
With observations and long reflexion , i think i have a pb with o2 in this tank and i don t find a way to resolve It except one thing "air stone"

As i have set It in a small tank where all is perfect
And i am quite sure that do not make miss of CO2
Cause in this tank the ph drop is quite 1 without CO2 , just air stone 24/24
I have seen plant pearling.
Without high light .
I have taken a pic of one plant in this one look:

image.jpg

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
So i have put a big air stone with a large air pump in the tank , and after 5 hours runing the drop cheker wich was Green goes little more yellowgreen and not darkgreen or blue.

I must stop It for the Nigth to avoid the noise but i will turn on each days for a long test and see if thing goes better or not.

Reactions: Mike k

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
Control this day of kh and ph in mid day

Kh=12
Ph= 6,4 or 6,5

Does the CO2 is enough?

Airstone full stream all day do not pose pb to drop ph.
And make It safe for fish (no stress, clear water no surface film)

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
end week cleaning continue, and trim and replant, then cloudy water in 2 days but something is beguin to change , some bba turn red. I help that change with adding some excel since yesterday, and a 50 % water change today to help water become clear and no odour.

other change the red color is more dark, i let you see on pictures.

_DSC2744 light.JPG

_DSC2745 light.JPG

_DSC2748 light.jpg

Reactions: burr740

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Looking better and better!

I have dosed a little extra Fe from a bottle of easy life brand , and It made a white cloud

What does that mean ?

Usually that means the Fe is precipitating because the PH/KH is too high for the particular type.

Fe gluconate is particularly prone to do this. EDTA Fe might possibly do it but I think is unlikely. Fe DTPA would be the best source to use because it hold up better in harder water.

Read the label and see if it say what kind of Fe

Also what was the PH when you dosed it?

Control this day of kh and ph in mid day

Kh=12
Ph= 6,4 or 6,5

Does the CO2 is enough?

It "sounds" like enough but the only way to know for sure is to compare the PH from tank water that's been sat out for 24 hours (put some in a bowl) compared to the PH of the tank when the co2 is running.

Check the PH when the lights come on, and also 3-4 hours later. That will show if you have good co2 all day or only the last part of the day.

Ideally you want a solid 1 point drop not long after the lights come on, a drop of 1.2-1.3 is usually better

Reactions: Oursaunougat

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
Looking better and better!

Usually that means the Fe is precipitating because the PH/KH is too high for the particular type.

Fe gluconate is particularly prone to do this. EDTA Fe might possibly do it but I think is unlikely. Fe DTPA would be the best source to use because it hold up better in harder water.

Read the label and see if it say what kind of Fe

Also what was the PH when you dosed it?

It "sounds" like enough but the only way to know for sure is to compare the PH from tank water that's been sat out for 24 hours (put some in a bowl) compared to the PH of the tank when the co2 is running.

Check the PH when the lights come on, and also 3-4 hours later. That will show if you have good co2 all day or only the last part of the day.

Ideally you want a solid 1 point drop not long after the lights come on, a drop of 1.2-1.3 is usually better

I have done the test of a bowl out for 24 h and test the différence between It and the tank when light come on

The drop is 1.3 ph

Degassed ph is 7.8
And ph in tank is 6.5 when light is growing on 60% of intensity.

In the mid day the 6.4 ph seem to be stable.

So 1.3 to 1.4 drop

For the Fe i will look at the bottle if i see something but i believe that they do not tell what type of Fe they put in.

Last edited:

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
After 3 day of resting bowl , the ph is 8,2 full degassed .

And always 6,5 in the tank along the day

So drop seem to be 1.7 ph

Is It too much ?