Oursaunougat 240L tank (from 1 year old to future)

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
today litle trim of some higher plant and adding water, the 10 kg co2 bottle work good, i didnt done WC this week i look what happen

_DSC2654 light.jpg

Reactions: Phishless

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
How goes your battle with BBA?

Looking at the pictures did you manually remove the BBA/algae from your heater or has it just slowly disappeared?

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
The Heater has been cleaned yes, not the other stuff in, i would say they dont desapear but transform to poorly form and get out of plant by the trim i do , i see some other algae now and that a good sign for me.

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
Mery Christmas all

I have taken few pics of all pb i can see , and hope you can say what missing or what is to check

The snail is for funny pic of furr bba

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Mike k

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
i have dry powder name "tracemix", with this spec:
Fe 8.2% ; Mn 1.82% ; Zn 1.16% ; B 1.05% ; Cu 0.23% ; Mo 0.15%

how many grammes do i need to put in 240 l tank 3 time /week ? (i didn't find it on the calculator)

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Yes those goldfish are very cool. Unfortunately I think they might be contributing to the algae problem via high volume poop. May need to think about getting more/better filtration. Not necessarily more flow because the goldfish wont like that, having a second filter could help though, or more frequent water changes, 2x 30%-50% per week.

Not sure about the trace mix you listed. Plants look pretty happy except for the hygro sunset(?) curled leaves. It seems to be lacking something.

You said PH was 6 in the middle of the day. Have you checked it fully degassed? Sit a bowl of tank water out for 24 hours and check the PH. Then shoot for a full 1 point drop from that, ideally by the time lights come on or fairly close to it.

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
i am sure the ph fully degassed is more than 7 but i am not sure of how many more

For the second filter i have one more from 1 month (so i have about 2800l / h filter flow, and i have reduce the strenght of flow buy opening holes in the spray bar.
i have put some purigen to help.

For the hygrophilia polysperma yes i don t know what is the problem , i hoped you could say (you = the one who know and see my journal)
i will try a bowl water out of tank for 24 or 48 h for ph test to see if there a difference with a bucket fully shaked for degassing.

i was not completly on EI before, i have started all EI just yesterday without looking at fish poo adding , like i was doing before.
i will see if things will goes better or badder.

the thing i can say is if my ph is more than 6 the pearling is not as good as it is at 6, may i can go more ? may i try to know or we know by other experiment that is not necessary ? (that my question at this point)

having a 10 kg co2 bottle let me experiment freely many technique diffusing, and for now after the ceramic diffuseur i try the atomiseur (2 bar psi) more valve opening to the same result of ph but not more bubble out or i could say all bubbles are smaller.

Reactions: Greggz

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
You can inch the CO2 up slowly, a little bit at a time and make sure the fish are cool with it. Sounds like a tad more might help. If the PH at peak levels is 6 now maybe shoot for 5.8. Also check to see if you have a good drop by the time lights come on.

For example if it takes four hours to hit the peak of 6, then the plants probably dont have enough during the first half of the day. Classic cause of algae right there. Try to have near a full point drop by lights on. May be as simple as having the CO2 kick on 30 minutes or an hour earlier

Going to full EI should help. A high tech tank really cannot count on fish poop

In the meantime keep everything as clean as possible, filters, really bad leaves, etc. Doing 2x water changes per week for a little while would also help. The importance of cleanliness cannot be overstated when dealing with algae issues

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
What i have set is CO2 start at 7am
Middle light start at 8 am and high light start at 10am then CO2 stop on 16,5 pm, high light stop on 17pm , and midle light stop at 18,5pm
Does It seem good?

I will try up CO2 slowly by 1/4 turn by day on needle valve and look ph at each end CO2 days

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
What i have set is CO2 start at 7am
Middle light start at 8 am and high light start at 10am then CO2 stop on 16,5 pm, high light stop on 17pm , and midle light stop at 18,5pm
Does It seem good?
Sounds about right. Try turning it up just a little bit like you said.

I believe the main problem is you've been lacking something fert-wise, plus high organic waste from the fish poo

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
Thanks for your answers , so with full EI ( i have done from calculator with all dry macro , and flourish comprehensive for micro to finish a bottle i have , next i will try the dry micro) , i hope to have all fert needed.

I will give some news often as i see some change , the first change i see in 24 h is that the new little leaves pop up fast and healthy on baccopa on all stem i have trimed

Reactions: Mike k and burr740

Oursaunougat

Nov 11, 2017
france
here a better picture, that is on end day co2 off and hight light always on
i have also put more bio media in the big filter i will see if it does a better job like that

_DSC2694light2.jpg

Reactions: Mike k