This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Our UKAPS banner, what do you think?

Discussion in 'UK Aquatic Plant Society' started by Moody, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Frolicsome_Flora

Frolicsome_Flora Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    6:39 PM

for the time being at least, we see no reason to move the forum away from barrreport. Maybe later we will, I have a forum framework that can go right onto the website with no problems at all, but for now, wed rather leave us here.. which is very much what most members have echoed to me so far.

The website graphics itself are done, were all very happy with it as it is at the moment, Dan's done a great job on all the graphics for the site and sig links etc.

Obviously over time the website will evolve with the club and things will change, but that will be a slow process mainly driven by feedback from members on the site.

We all do appreciate however your comments, everyones input is welcome. Please remember though that a line must be drawn somewhere and a decision must be made on what were sticking with, otherwise we never get anywhere!

2. Aeropars

Aeropars Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I offer my advice on experience of creating a community from scratch personally and the mistakes i made doing it..

I understand your points although i think it would be better to launch with something visually appealing. Especially for visitors who stumble upon us. their first impressions should be 'wow... these guys look like they know what they are doing' rather than 'oh.. is that it?'. We need to make visitors want to delve in deeper... the site cant grow healthily just form word of mouth, especally when were trying to raise the profile of the hobby in the UK.

By no means am I slating anything thats already been done but your wanting to grow and progress so i'm offering you facts based on internet psycology, design and advertising. My hobby sites been goin for 5 years now, has over 3500 registered members, over 500000 unique hits each year form all over europe and is listed high on Google for a good few search terms.

Additionally, Google Adsense would then provide a good base fo the site and running costs to be self funded without the need for any form of paid services to users and/or advertisers. These can be seamlessly incorporated intot he site without ruining the appearence.

I'd be happy to design an index page for people to look at at least then you can perhaps see how it coudl make a difference. I'm not offereing to get in on the act but to hlp this grow. I think its a great idea and would benefit everyone interested in the hobby.

3. Frolicsome_Flora

Frolicsome_Flora Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    We've already made the decision not to have google adsense content on the site, we feel that the site should be a low pressure interface for the members and the club.

If you want to produce a jpg of what your ideas for the pages are, then please feel free to email me on matt.hb@ukaps.org, Ill then discuss it with the other founder members.