Our UKAPS banner, what do you think?

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Erm, dont want to sound harsh but they are pretty basic but not effective in my opinion. If you want a hand designing something then let me know.

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Yeah sure, I'll have a bash when I get a few spare moments.

Don't get me wrong, i think they have the makings of a good logo, its jut lacking that little bit of impact. I would suggest we concentrate more on the text side of the logo so that when people see it they instantly know what organisation it is.

for example, take LG, their logo is very distinctive and you'd know who it was without much guessing. Once we have this we can embed that into a similar style banner where its almost blended into an aquascape.

jimbooo

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
great effort moody, much better than anything i could produce but i do agree it's good but not quite there.

well done for getting the ball rolling though, it would be great to identify ourselves with a logo/banner.

how about using some real tank pics for the arty bit with the wording over the top. kind of like the pfk banner with georges nano.

my photobucket account has about 400 pics in it so if anyone wants to use any of those feel free.

jimbooo - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr G

Junior Poster
Nov 24, 2006
Just and idea ..................

If the artistic amongst you are designing banners, how about some sort of
poster/flyer (A4 or A5 size).

This could be produced in a downloadable / printable format (MS word or PDF etc) and see if people can get their local LFS to display it in store.

That may help to spread the word to those who spend less time on the internet/forums and may also get some of the local stockists interested in planted tanks.

Al

Voo

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Maybe something small could be created to put in people's signatures etc. I sell stuff on ebay, maybe something small could be used on there too :D

Slackey

Junior Poster
Jan 7, 2007
Bedfordshire UK
Mr G;16304 said:

This could be produced in a downloadable / printable format (MS word or PDF etc) and see if people can get their local LFS to display it in store.

That may help to spread the word to those who spend less time on the internet/forums and may also get some of the local stockists interested in planted tanks.

Al

That Al is an inspired idea!

chr15_8

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Ruislip Middx
had a try

from this

pfk5.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

to this

Untitled-6copy.jpg

opinions and suggestions very welcome

by the way i still need to add text i was thinking about the top right corner or maybe the top left at it might look to busy top left? where do you think?

chris
i have the picture saved as 1500x378 pixels is this big enough?

IanFuller

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Malvern, Worcestershire
Mr G;16304 said:

Al

Great Idea:)

I don't mind printing off a few and taking them to my LFS's

quatermass

Prolific Poster
Oct 4, 2005
Livingston, Scotland

jimbooo

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
chr15_8;16523 said:
had a try

from this

pfk5.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

to this

Untitled-6copy.jpg

opinions and suggestions very welcome

by the way i still need to add text i was thinking about the top right corner or maybe the top left at it might look to busy top left? where do you think?

chris
i have the picture saved as 1500x378 pixels is this big enough?

Hi Chris,

looks good but i am a little confused as i dont have any galaxy's in my tank so you must have added them however they are only just noticable on the left margin. prehaps move them more centrally in the open space. glad the pics were of use.

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Apologies guys, i've been so busy with the house and work I havent done anything with this. I have a few ideas so i'll knock something up and see what people think when i get a spare 5 minutes.

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
Aeropars;17477 said:
Apologies guys, i've been so busy with the house and work I havent done anything with this. I have a few ideas so i'll knock something up and see what people think when i get a spare 5 minutes.

dont worry Aeropars, were sorted now on the banner and graphics :) thanks for your input though.

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Is that the final design on the website?

No offence intended to anyone who gives their time to this but I cant help but thinking it could do with a new design. I think we should be looking at something pro with a real sleek look. I know its early days but we should be doing it right from the start.

a website will hold visitors better if it looks professional. We have the professional input so I think we should match that with the design. Take APC, their design is sleek and attractive and matches their approach where I dont think our design does us justice.

I have some great designs already done which would look great for this site. They just need a little adaptation.

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
Also, is this messageboard a permanent fixture? No disrespect to Tom Barr but I think we should move away as soon as possible if not. We dont want to have information on here which can't be migrated to the new forum. I'm not aware of an easy way to do this in Vbulletin.