Osmocote Smart Release OK?

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Hi,

I can't find the Osmocote Plus at my local Home Depot but, I found the smart release version. Its 14-14-14 NPK.

Total Nitrogen 14%
8.2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
8.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate 14%
Soluble Potash 14%

Is this OK to make root tabs ?

Last edited by a moderator:

dmagerl

Aug 25, 2010
I never found it at Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards.

I did find at Lowes "Lilly Miller Multicote Outdoor Indoor Plant Food". It contains NPK,Mg,S,B,Fe,Mn and Zn. So that's what I'm using.

herns

Guru Class Expert
Jul 29, 2007
The United States of America
dmagerl;54928 said:
I never found it at Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards.

I did find at Lowes "Lilly Miller Multicote Outdoor Indoor Plant Food". It contains NPK,Mg,S,B,Fe,Mn and Zn. So that's what I'm using.

Some Home Depot stores have it, some dont. You might want to try some other Home Depot branch. Im sure they carry it.

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Wal-Mart Knock-off, Compare Labels

Hi,

I found a knock-off at Wal-Mart that is (was?) half the price. :eek:

The “label” is near identical. The things to watch out for are high metals, mainly copper. :)

Unless you are heavily planted watch the ammoniacal Nitrogen less is generally better. :gw

Biollante

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Biollante;54946 said:
Hi,

I found a knock-off at Wal-Mart that is (was?) half the price. :eek:

The “label” is near identical. The things to watch out for are high metals, mainly copper. :)

Unless you are heavily planted watch the ammoniacal Nitrogen less is generally better. :gw

Biollante

Hi,

OK, thank you Bio.

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Hi,

I found Osmocote Plus at Amazon for $ 14.45 + $ 7.99 shipping , 4.5LB. Lowes sells it for $ 16.94. I think I'll pay the shipping cost instead of driving to Lowes. I guess 4.5lb will make me a lot of root tabs.