This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Opion on New Return Line Set-up

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by inkslinger, Nov 11, 2009.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    I'm redoing my tank I have a 1 inch line system , 1 inch intake for my 110g {60x18x24} tank,
    Equipment I have is Blue Line 1100g HD Pump,Nu-Clear 533,547 Filters and a Mazzei for my co2. I got 2 returns witch I use Two 3/4 Modular Y Split Hose and Nozzle for my returns?

{http://www.modularhose.com/}

IMO: 3/4 inch look very large for a 18 inch depth tank , I do have Two 3/4 reducer to 1/2 Y Split Modular Hose and Nozzle that I could use instead . Now will there be a lot of pressure coming out from my 2 returns from going from 1 inch > 3/4 inch > 1/2 inch , Will it just blow everything around the tank or should I just stick with my 3/4 inch setup?

This is a pic of my 3/4 inch Y Split Modular Hose and Nozzle. The 3/4 reduce to 1/2 inch Y Split is only the Hose and Nozzle that is 1/2 inch. This is all hook up to a 1 inch line system.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I'd just stick with 3/4". I use those on my 180 gal which has a 1" pump and then splits to 3/4" then reconverges to 1" single, then splits again for this 3/4" Y.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I echo Tom and vote for the 3/4.

You will want it later.........

Plenty of other/better ways to restrict flow (ball valves).