This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

one-eyed cardinal tetra

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by tedr108, Feb 10, 2008.

1. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    I'm not sure what happened to one of my little cardinal tetras, but he only has one eye at this point. If this is not some contagious disease, I will gladly give him a chance to live, as he is still eating and doing alright. He sure is a tough little guy!

Does anybody know if this is a possible disease? Please let me know if I should take him out of the tank.

It is possible that 2 somewhat aggressive zebra danios (which have now been given away) may have cornered and injured him. Somebody gave them to me, but I really regretted putting them in my tank. (Catching them wasn't easy either! Clear 2" PVC with blood worms in it did the trick.)

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I doubt it is anything communicable or a disease. I have had several cards over the years that lost an eye for some reason and lived a long time. As long as they can eat and keep with the shoal, they should be okay.

3. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanks, Gerry ... glad I can give the little guy a chance to live out his life. He really doesn't seem to be that limited and is doing quite well.

4. jeff5614

jeff5614 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I have an oto with one eye. He does as well as the rest and is one of my favorites since I think he must be a bit tougher, lol.