This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Old Tropical Fish And Plant Books

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Tim Harrison, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    I found this book today in a secondhand book shop. I instantly remembered it from my childhood as one of the books that I had out on permanent loan from the local library...that is I just kept renewing it.

It was published in 1970, and like it says on the front cover "With a special colour section on Aquatic Plants". I remember being excited and somewhat frustrated in equal measure by this section. On one hand it was great to see plants I only previously read about in full colour. But on the other it was way too short and the plants weren't exactly presented very well.

Anyway, I'm really pleased I found it and got the opportunity to add it too my collection, especially since it also has several very informative paragraphs on "Aquascaping"; which I'm guessing wasn't a word you heard too much way back then...;)

[​IMG]

Seems pot scapes are nothing new Karl @Zeus. :p
    [​IMG]

Check out the algae on the plants in the large righthand frame :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some fine internodal etiolation, bottom left...:cool:

[​IMG]

'Rockwork may be very pleasantly incorporated...' :D

[​IMG]IMG_1420 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

rajkm, skija and DeepMetropolis like this.
Tags: