This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Nutrients in 0

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by gabcas0319, Dec 30, 2016.

1. gabcas0319

gabcas0319 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    Hello! After winning the battle against algae i decide to add 1/4 of EI, so yesterday i add 3ppm of No3 and 0.5ppm od Po4! The surprise is that today i measured No3 and Po4 and they were in 0! Is this possible? Plants can take No3 and Po4 so fast? Should i have to add more?

More details. 5 gallon and 1,5 watt per gallon excel only tank.

thanks to you all, you all are a great help to me! happy new year!!! :) :) :) :):cool::cool::cool:

2. Christophe

Christophe Subscriber
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Unlikely. Consumer test kits are not especially accurate. The more important point is that you added some nutrients -- It isn't necessary to have some specific number from a test kit.

How do the plants look?

3. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Watch the plants for awhile. After about 2-3 weeks of every day or every other day dosing, see what the plants say about the level of feeding. Plants are fairly slow to make changes. Make small changes. Allow the plants to catch up and then make more small changes. Slow and steady.

4. gabcas0319

gabcas0319 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks Julia!!! i will do it!!! :D :D:D:D