This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

nutrient levels and co2 uptake question

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by Mr_Bubbles, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Mr_Bubbles

Mr_Bubbles Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    I just read an example in the EI light sticky that co2 uptake is affected by how much no3 is in the tank. So I'm wondering, I've been dosing a little higher then what is listing in the EI examples, and have felt that my co2 levels may be too low. If I drop my dosing back down to those levels, will this mean I won't have to push my co2 so hard? I was under the impression excess nutrients just made them less limiting and didn't realize there was an actual balance between co2 and those nutrients (thought co2 balance was more related to light). If this is in fact the case, I think I better change my dosing regiment back to what has been listed. If this is in fact the case, is is relevant to all nutrients or just certain ones? I'm wondering if this has been my problem all along.

#1 Mr_Bubbles, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Well, if you limit nutrients strongly enouygh, then yes........you take stress off of limiting CO2.

In BOTH CASE.......you are limiting things and thus limiting plant growth. The goal is to grow plants, not limit their growth.
    If you dose EI and you have issues with CO2 suddenly whereas prior you did not, all this tells you is that the CO2 was not optimal to begin with.

So there's room for improvement for the CO2.

3. scottward

scottward Guru Class Expert

Local Time: