This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing special but I love it

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Jayne, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Jayne

Jayne Junior Poster

I thought I would share some photos of my tank with you especially my 2 aponogentens(sp?).

I bought these bulbs just a couple of weeks ago and they had no more than 4cm of growth,the shop didn't know what type they were but said they wouldn't be too tall so I planted them at the front:eek:

As you can see they have grown rather bigger than expected lol! They have sent up several flower shoots and although they are probably in totally the wrong place in terms of aquascaping they are obviously happy and so am I .

I have also attached a couple of other shots showing the other side of the tank and also a whole tank picture.

I know that my tank is not as good as some,it is low tech,no co2 and probably looks untidy and haphazard,but it brings me tremendous joy and I am successfully keeping some quite difficult fish - chocolate gouramis - so I am very please with it.

Observant people might notice some non aquatic fern attached to the back in the flow from the filter tower.I bought it thinking it was Bolbitis(sp?) but I've since found out it isn't and will die within a couple of months.When it does I'm going to try to get some real Bolbitis to hopefully grow in the same position.

I'd like to hear your comments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Your experience mirrors mine! Having lots of healthy, growing plants, with no algae worries is a very satisfying experience. For some of us the thrill of looking at such a tank never quite goes away. Apparently most people eventually move on to trying for artistic aquascaping, usually trying for an Amano look, but that urge hasn't hit me yet.

Your tank is very beautiful!

3. aquabillpers

aquabillpers Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I think that your tank looks great. IMO, an aquarium should suggest a bit of nature and yours certainly does that. Everything looks healthy, too.

Congratulations!

Bill

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Plants look good and healthy growth is occuring, the Apono's are nice when they start to grow, just realize as the tank grows in, you need more current and nutrients to keep everything going at the same rate.

Also, our goals change as we reach some of our goals as aquarists, so what might be success now is wonderful, later you might have other goals that include scaping, raising other species, or not...............or you might go marine, or have different fish species etc.

Many different directions we can go as hobbyists and change and modify

Regards,

Tom Barr