This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Not enough substrate to play with

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by rthomas, Nov 13, 2010.

1. rthomas

rthomas Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    Hi all,
    I am currently faced with a situation where I do not have sufficient amount of ADA AS to scape my 180. The local distributor is having some issues with ADA to bring ADA AS in.

I have used Amazonia II. So am thinking of mixing it with some other commercial substrate. So what's the likely choice?

I am short of some 36L (4 bags of 9 Litre each) of substrate. I would most probably put whatever you guys recommended on the bottom layer. Any side effect ?

Anyone have tried this before? Please share with me. TIA.

2. Hallen

Hallen Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I dont know if it's available for you, but if you can get your hands on some Colombo Flora-Base it's practically the same. A Dutch importer told me it's even made in the same factory as ADA AS is made.

Red Sea appears to sell a flora base aswell which looks the same judging from the pictures.

3. rthomas

Local Time:
    Thanks Hallen and the Colombo substrate is not available here. I found some LFS carrying Amazonia I. Guess that is the safest route to mix with Amazonia II. I will lay Amazonia I on the bottom most layer.

4. rthomas

Local Time:
    I am still hopeful that those who have mix soil of different make before, could share their thoughts. Would it be safe? Any side effect ?