This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Non Co2/excel Tanks And Water Changes

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Leo, May 22, 2020.

1. Leo

Leo New Member

Local Time:
    4:13 AM
    Hi all

I´ve been reading all your post related with dosing and water changes for non CO2 and Excel tanks. However, it is no quiet clear for me why I should do water changes weekly on Excel tanks and why it is not recommended for non co2 tanks if I use for both the EI dosing.

I understand that if I do a water change in a non Co2 tank, the co2 increases and the plant loses its enzymes. But in the post is recommended for both (excel and non co2) aprox the same dosing: “about 1/8" and 1/32" teaspoon of KNO3 and KH2PO4 respectively once a week or two”. Then:

1. If I use the same EI dosing (above), why should I do water changes in excel tanks and not in non Co2 tank? Will not Both tanks have the same probability of have an accumulation of nutrients? In fact, I would guess that plants in a non co2 tank will grow slower and then, less nutrients are consumed.
    2. If I dose excel in a daily basis, (2x the recommended dose) what would happened if I do not add excel some days a week? is It mandatory to be steady with this excel dosing.

Regards