This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Non CO2 enriched method with low fish load

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by JoshP, Jun 2, 2008.

1. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    I really like the non co2 enrichment method, which I want to use on with my 20 gallon. The thing is I only plan on keeping 2 dwarf puffers in the tank. Curious as to what people think about this fish load working on my tank. Id like as much plant mass as possible. 2wpg over the tank. Thanks

2. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    If you keep very slow growing plants, or a rich substrate with mainly rooting plants, it might work. Fast growing plants will deplete the nutrients significantly faster. Worst comes to worse, you might need to fertilize once in a while.

3. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Forgot to mention I plan to dose KNO3 and PO4, as well as seachem eq every week or two as per Tom's recommendations.

4. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    If you're dosing anyway, there's no need for a high fish load. In fact you'll be better off with a lower fish load, it cuts down on algae potential. Choose low light plants and you'll be set. Dwarf puffers are awesome. Unfortunately they don't jive with my water type.

5. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you very much for the help.