This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Non-CO2 carbon sources: BioPellets with Excel together?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Tino Vyatkin, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Tino Vyatkin

Tino Vyatkin New Member

Local Time:
    5:20 PM
    Hello,

I'm setting up planted goldfish tank (yes, I know): it will be 115 GL 30" cube tank with 35 GL sump (3 filter socks + fluidized K1 Media) aerated 24/7 with 6L linear air pump. Livestock will be 9 goldfishes + coldwater shrimps (ghost type). Plants will include anubias, some moses, Downoi, Cyperus helferi, a couple of crypts, bucephanandras.

As this tank will be heavily aerated (overflow, 8 inch airstone for K1 Media, aerated up flow algae filter, 2 airstone in display tank) and good lighterd (two freshwater Radeons) I'm planing to use liquid carbon source such as Flourish Excel (dosed automatically by Apex Dos). But this system will also include BioPellets media reactor (paired with UV Sterilization). So, the question is: will be BioPellete alone enough source of carbon for plants or can I use them together with Excel? It there any way to measure liquid carbon concentration, should I measure and what is target points for this plants?

Thank you for any suggestions!