This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

No2 Spikes In Caridinas/neocaridinas Tank, Help!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by cdaJiv, Jan 29, 2018.

1. cdaJiv

cdaJiv New Member

Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    I have several Dennerle 10g tanks but my main one (christmas moss, Anubias Nana, Buces, spiderwood, & Seiryu Stone) which houses the majority of my CRS/CBS and Yellowback Neocaridinas has recently been having serious Nitrite spikes, the tank has been established for several months and the problems have recently just surfaced.

-Tropica Soil Powder Substrate
    -Dennerle Eckfilter in tank filter w/ media expansion
    -Ceramic biomedical
    -Recently added Purfiltrum media (Seachems newest form of Purigin)
    -Avg pH 6.5
    -CO2 less than 1 bps
    -Tropica ferts Macro & Micro half dose(2 pumps a week)
    -Very soft water remineralized with ShrimpKing GH+/KH+
    -KH 3
    -GH 9
    -TDS 250
    -7 hour photoperiod

I've been performing water changes every other day for the last week or whenever I see the Nitrites jump. I add bacteria additives whenever the problem arises or when I do my water changes or have to clean the filter pad.

It has caused 4 or 5 shrimp deaths in the last week, one PBL CBS and the rest were Yellowback Neocaridinas deaths.

Please let me know if I can give any further details to help describe my situation, I hate having shrimp deaths like everyone does.

d9a0969abd0018623f47ae02adf31bbc.jpg

2. cdaJiv

cdaJiv New Member

Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    Problem solved itself, just kept bi-weekly waterchanges or as needed, while adding bacteria additives after preforming water change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk