This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Nitrates And Co2 Booster?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Christina, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Christina

Christina New Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Hi all.

So in my 10 gallon I have mostly slow growing plants with 2 new med to faster growing plants added within the last 2 weeks (floating water sprite, bacopa I'm floating). everything else is pretty slow growth plants. My nitrates have been higher recently, around 20-40 ppm, usually closer to 40. I'm trying to get the plants to grow a bit faster and was gonna start adding liquid CO2. Will this increase my nitrates at all or cause increased stress on my fish? My lights are a medium strength

In my 10 gal, my ammonia is currently .25 and nitrites around .25. I know this is because the tank is a bit overstocked. I am using a HOB filter and the sponge filter I ordered for additional filtration is coming in tomorrow. I'm currently dosing with prime to detoxify the trouble spots and so far the fish seem ok.

Tags: