This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

nitrate over dosage

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by hani, Mar 30, 2008.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:01 AM
    hi, my tank is heavley planted, i have been dosing 2xEI, for 1 month now, some plants went crazy, growing fast, but i started to notice some tranlucent spots on the amazon sword leaves, but still growing fast, the Optimum aquarium book says it could be related to nitrogen over dosege, i know this book been debulked alot, any thought?

30g tank
    3.5 w/g light
    co2 tank/DC WITH kh4
    florite

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I suspect you are overdosing, but I doubt that being a problem with the sword plant. Incidentally, that sword plant is way too much plant for a 30 gallon tank. I know that from experience with a 29 gallon tank. One sword can totally occupy that size tank, with ease.

What is the GH of your water?

3. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    i've quickly learnt that swords really need some ruthless trimming with regards to the poor leaves

and also watch for low gH, mines is < 40ppm and i have to dose calcium and magnesium