Newsletter downloads

Gbark

Guru Class Expert
Jun 15, 2009
266
1
18
Hi,

Could someone point me in the direction of the Newsletter download page. ;)

Also do the monthly newsletters get emailed to us?

Thanks

GB
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
747
113
If you have any trouble finding the ADA stuff, let me know. I took some things down as several subscribers where copying the sending the information to people who where banned from this site(there's not many, so I have a short list on 1 hand), and reposting copyrighted material on their web sites.
I told them to remove it, they still kept it up and ignored me.

So if you need it, then ask, I'll send it to you.

Greg redid some things on the site recently, so it should be tougher to spam and steal things.

Regards,
Tom Barr
 

Rob Rosa

Junior Poster
Jan 14, 2012
12
0
1
Vancouver Canada
Hello, first of all sorry for the topic rez, but my issue pertains to the same thing. I've downloaded all your newsletter issues to my ereader as i spend a couple hours a day on transit, but noticed that the last issue i had was Volume 3, issue 6, then it jumps to volume 5 issue 1. I was wondering if there is someplace i could get my hands on these missing issues as i'd love to give them a read :)
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
747
113
They should be there, if not, bug Greg Watson via PM.
 

ragn4rok

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2012
1
0
1
Hi Tom Barr, I'm just recently subscribe to the premium newsletter. But I have the same issue with Rob Rossa, where I can download the missing report from between volume 3, issue 6 until volume 5, issue 1. I'm preety sure that I also missing something in between.

I'm sorry if my English is bad, I hope you can understand what I mean too. :) thank you.
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
747
113
ragn4rok;93309 said:
Hi Tom Barr, I'm just recently subscribe to the premium newsletter. But I have the same issue with Rob Rossa, where I can download the missing report from between volume 3, issue 6 until volume 5, issue 1. I'm preety sure that I also missing something in between.

I'm sorry if my English is bad, I hope you can understand what I mean too. :) thank you.

Try PM ing Greg Watson. We transferred some files over, some might be floating around somewhere, I have no control, interaction with the server or software back up files.
 
F

fishface

Guest
Hey all,

I'm on the verge of resubscribing and am just wondering if the problem with access to all the newsletters has been sorted out. This would be a definite download for me and surely required reading.

Thanks,
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
747
113
Try this if you want info:


Tom Barr;93317 said:
Try PM ing Greg Watson. We transferred some files over, some might be floating around somewhere, I have no control, interaction with the server or software back up files.
 

jarrod0987

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2015
39
0
6
47
NY State
I just subbed and I cannot download any of the newsletters. I just get a blank page. I tried 2 different bowsers as well as trying to save the link to etc. How can I get all the content I just paid for please?
 

rwind4197

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2015
1
0
1
47
Dubai
i have the same issue i could not download plant growth volume 1 and 2 it gives me a blank page.
 

gary-c

Subscriber
Oct 20, 2015
5
0
1
I am looking for the missing newsletter too. Is someone working on it? Please advise. Thanks.
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Hi


I'm working on it, if and when we manage to sort this problem, I will post them back to the forums.


Thanks
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
747
113
The articles are on a hard disc, Greg and I decided to stop putting them up as they ended up all over the web due to subscribers sending them to other non subscribers and then ending up on other web sites. After stamping out a 2-3 dozen such web sites with copy right violations. we decided to just not add them back due to this problem. However, they are about 10 years old at this point and I will add them back over the holidays, I am not in possession of the hard disk. But...that's the plan. If some subscribers do this...........well, not sure what we can do about it. The older articles I suppose I will not pout much effort in chasing after people about. I banned a couple of people over this issue. Threatened to sue a few, etc.


It's not worth the hassle frankly. People are that cheap and dirty, it ruins things for the rest of us.


Anyway, I'll likely add the old ones back, there are a lot of folks who I think would benefit from it and while a bit dated, the articles are still far more useful than most other publications.


This will take a couple of months.
 

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
2,421
639
113
37
Orange County, CA
Tom Barr said:
The articles are on a hard disc, Greg and I decided to stop putting them up as they ended up all over the web due to subscribers sending them to other non subscribers and then ending up on other web sites. After stamping out a 2-3 dozen such web sites with copy right violations. we decided to just not add them back due to this problem. However, they are about 10 years old at this point and I will add them back over the holidays, I am not in possession of the hard disk. But...that's the plan. If some subscribers do this...........well, not sure what we can do about it. The older articles I suppose I will not pout much effort in chasing after people about. I banned a couple of people over this issue. Threatened to sue a few, etc.

It's not worth the hassle frankly. People are that cheap and dirty, it ruins things for the rest of us.


Anyway, I'll likely add the old ones back, there are a lot of folks who I think would benefit from it and while a bit dated, the articles are still far more useful than most other publications.


This will take a couple of months.

I'll be the first to type GNARLY guy. Stoked on this. I applaud you.
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Great news :) , however I think it's impossible to prevent the newsletter from being stolen / shared, companies like Disney and Microsoft spend millions on copyright infringement with no success.


The only options are to turn the newsletters into articles that can only be read from the website based on user groups, its not fool proof but probably safer than a single file that can be shared easily?


Yes subscribers can probably copy and past but means a lot of hassle for them to re create a page with images..


It's will cut down sharing anyway.


Tom I'm happy to do this when the newsletters are available just let me know


Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people