This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Newbies: please read this 1st

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Tom Barr, Apr 27, 2007.

1. JCote

JCote Junior Poster

Well I am planning to switch to a planted tank after 40 years in the hobby. No quite true since I tried an failed miserably 5 years ago. This time I am planning to take my time and make sure that I select the right plants and the right way of growing them. The secret for me will be to choose slow growing plant to avoid having a big ball of vegetation when I come back from my frequent travelling. The info in here will surely help me.

2. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Looking forward to reading more on the forums and learning more on plant keeping

Jason likes this.
  3. Robin W

Robin W New Member

There are more things to read here than my reading list for my bachelors in communications!
    Anyways, Just a word of thanks to Mr Barr and all the rest of the administrators and veterans here for your selfless contributions to the hobby and for helping us out as we try to create a beautiful aquarium!

Robin W.

Jason likes this.
  4. Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor New Member

I have had numerous tanks in the past and did a lot of research into setting up and maintaining them.
    Good advice is hard to find in my opinion but, by doing research on forums like this and taking advice, setting up and maintaining isn't as hard as you first think!
    I recently joined this forum, A, because i am in the process of setting up again (6 years without a set up is a long time!) And B, The advice given on this forum is worth its weight in gold!
    I'm looking at a planted aquarium so i feel as if i'm in the right place for help and advice.
    Keep up the good work everyone!!

Regards
    Andy

rajkm and Jason like this.