This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Newbies: please read this 1st

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Tom Barr, Apr 27, 2007.

1. zbycho Poland 35

zbycho Poland 35 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:01 PM
    I greet you cordially from country of solidarity polish , I would like to introduce (to present), zbignev beguile on name me lat (summer; year) 35 Materek, I deal with from 4 lat (summer; year) akwarystyką, I own aquarium 150 50 50 375 l filtration 2329 kubeł Eheim and 305 Fluval and heads with sponge 2, till now I owned Trofeusy as well as that I have fallen in love in (to) vegetable aquarium, decide try (taste), it is necessary sell fish that overflow header (tank) pokupowałem and I have seated roślinki, I read after different forums that it beguile that (those), it beguile this aquarium ala low tech, organic basis will stuff with screech (squeak) from wood (forest) and domieszką kompostu. Illumination beguile 2x 36 and 1x 54, it beguile will stuff that I will widen knowledge try (look) to read on this theme here a lot / and think but it beguile over measures time, why one write that it is possible to use in vegetable aquaria as, biologist active carbon (charcoal; coal) other not, and it spill with salt one second (other) just not, and many others, KONIN questions promise not plague you excessively salute polish Zbyszek

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    #42 dutchy, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
  3. zbycho Poland 35

Local Time:
    I know I read, even myself I did Photocopying, and I will tell you that it is light in the tunnel, although not entirely too know how to calculate the 300 liters of water with 126 watt lights will soon connection of co2, I have this question what do you think of this water, for now mix 50 50-osmosis, tap water possible thanks for help http://www.pwik-konin.com.pl/pliki/woda/INFORMACJA%20W%20SPRAWIE%20JAKOSCI.pdf

#43 zbycho Poland 35, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
  4. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    126 watts is ok for 300 liter, with or without CO2. The tapwater is not bad, maybe a bit on the hard side, so half osmosis is probably a good solution.

5. zbycho Poland 35

Local Time:
  6. markdiamond6

markdiamond6 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you for this one...I'm a newbie in here and for sure I could really learn a lot. Nice to know more on you guys.

7. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    When using translation engines and helping other hobbyists that use them: it helps a great deal if you make the sentences simple and direct.

8. Mike Horstman

Mike Horstman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I'm slightly new to the the planted tank aspect of this hobby and glad I've come across this forum I've heard a lot of good things about tom Barr from another forum I'm a member of. I've had success with my planted tanks so far and hope to have more in the future with help from this site.

9. Paul Cheshire

Paul Cheshire New Member

Local Time:
    Hi Tom, to start of with I'd like to thank for the work your doing for the hobby. you my friend, are an absolute legend. I may be new to the hobby but I've read so much of your work that I'm confident that I too will have a one of these magnificent tanks that I see on this site. One of the threads that I read was about GDA, I can't remember the guy's name that you were helping, bye what I was reading it sounded like it was the first time you found out that bushy nose plecos eat it. Stayed up all night reading that. Once again thank you

10. navarro1950

navarro1950 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hi y'all I'm new to the barr report and I look forward to communicating with everyone that help and if I can help y'all I'll be there too. Looking forward to hear from you.

11. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Welcome to the barr report :)

12. Irish Eyes

Irish Eyes Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I've been keeping freshwater fish for something like 45 years, but only started with planted tanks about a month and a half ago. This place seems like a good place to learn more about the subject from a more scientific standpoint than many forums. While I'm not in any way "scientific" (I'm an artist--'nuff said :) ), my husband is (he used to be a nuclear physicist, and now he's a level IV Unix SysAdmin), so he can help me make heads or tails of what I don't understand. And when it's too much and my head feels like it's going to explode, I simply go visit a less scientifically-oriented forum and relax 'til I'm ready to come back here, again. Just don't scare me by being harsh or rude, and I'll undoubtedly stick around long enough to become a paying subscriber :).

13. ac6crump

ac6crump Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I've been in the planted hobby for almost a year now and have to thank forums that help newbies, like myself. I especially have to thank this forum from helping me go from a low tech dirted to a high tech ada soil dutch aquarium. Thank you Mr.Barr for expiring my dutch aquarium!

14. morecowbell

morecowbell Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Good site Tom, very useful info :D

15. duce

duce Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Ive neen keeping fish with plants for many yrs but never really had a planted tank. I added DIY CO2 to my 15g and saw improvements straight away and i was hooked. It took 6mths but i finally convinced my wife we needed to get a new tank. Hopefully with all the info and your help i can start my 1st hi-tech planted tank right and keep.everything good.

16. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi , i'm new to the barrreport but have more than 2 years in this hobby, i hope i'll enjoy the time spent here , hello to all !

17. imak

imak Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hi, I´m learning everyday, bit by bit, and this foum will certainly have pleanty of stuff for me to read and learn, thanks in advance...

18. hollard bodine

hollard bodine Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks,Great stuff good advise and experience has really helped

19. Hachi

Hachi Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the helpful info!

20. Zeus

Zeus Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the welcome been reading site lot as guest in the few weeks I've been planning for my tank. So price of membership seems very resonable to me. Not new to forums but are new to aquascaping. Had to make my first post some where To get full site functionality as well.