New To The Forum

Kevinb

Dec 8, 2019
Ny
Hi everyone. Let me say I found this forum most helpful in my quest to bring co2 to my freshwater tank. I just set up a 60 gallon tank and am in the process of a fish less cycle. While waiting for the cycle to complete, still waiting, I had to find something to distract myself from the absence of the fish. Well naturally I came upon the Barr report and now almost done with a regulator build. Thank to all your help I managed to get some quality parts and hopefully it will make my co2 experience a pleasure. The co2 regulator for newbies literally walked me through every fitting and part needed to build this thing. I’m soo happy with it, can’t wait for the rest of the parts to come in. The used (eBay) conoca regulator just came in today and I am so relieved that the stem swapped out easily and it holds gas with no leaks. I have a Burkert 6011 solenoid with led wired and ready to go. Waiting on an “ideal” valve to come in hopefully next week and just put an order in for all my Swagelok fittings. I choose GLA for for an in-line diffuser, multiple valves, and bubble counter. Waiting for parts is the hardest. I would have never done this without creating a list from this site. Thank you all. Maybe when I learn more I can pay it forward to someone else! My next step while waiting for parts is to research here to try and figure out which plants I want to incorporate into my setup, oh yeah and also which fish!

image.jpg

image.jpg