This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New To Forum, But Not Hobby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gary 'Crazygar' MacDonald, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Gary 'Crazygar' MacDonald

Local Time:
    11:03 PM
    As the title suggests, I'm new to the Forum (been lurking here for a long time) but not the hobby.

Some of you may know me as "Crazygar", the Admin at TFH Magazine Forums. Yes, I'm still alive.

I've been in the Hobby for a whopping 38 years (started when I was 9 doing a selective breeding project on Guppies for a Science Fair) and haven't looked back.

I started getting involved with Planted Aquariums in 1998 but nothing serious until 2002-2003. Before that it was a severe case of collectoris, which in the Planted Tank world, can be even worse than standard fish keeping. So many plants, so little time.

I took a bit of a hiatus from 2016 to Oct of this year from the Hobby. As usual, major changes in my personal life, another move (hopefully final one) and new business kept me busier than usual.

Now that things are settling down, I am starting up a Hi-Tech (never done this before) Planted Tank.

I've been asking a few questions here and there but slowly getting back into the swing of things. I am currently using the Dry Start Method to get things moving in my Nano (7.9GAL, Fluval EBI Tank), while I collect the rest of my components.

I have been documenting the process on my local Aquarium Society Website (Windsor and Essex County Aquarium Forum), and if anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll gladly supply the link (being new, I can't post links).

Looking forward to learning and expanding in the best part of this hobby, planted tanks.

Regards,
    Gary A.MacDonald