This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New to fertilizers

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by hmongronaldo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. hmongronaldo

hmongronaldo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:15 AM
    Currently i have been dosing ADA brighty k and Brighty k step 2. things are Okay... but they are okay..I want super rich colors and healthy plants. What is the best results? Is dry fertilizers the best and where to buy? So far i know about the macro and micro nutrients and the intermediates. But as far as i understand. It seems the best way is to order individually powder supplements and add them through out the week.. Like on Rex Griggs's website. So what do you think?

2. hmongronaldo

Local Time:
    oh yeah forgot... So far i have fissidens, mini pellia, HC, rotala, and round pellia. My water PH 6.5, Gh moderate, temp is 75F. Fish are celestrial pearl Danios and cherry red shrimps and amano shrimps.

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

I would say that carbon is more important for plant health and vitality than any other macro or micro fert.

Are you dosing c02 or using a carbon supplement at all?

Many of us have found that purchasing the dry ferts is very cost effective and lasts much longer. Plus, they are not diluted and dosing is more exact...

Please provide more tank details? Size, lighting, etc.

4. hmongronaldo

Local Time:
    yeah im injecting co2 at 4bubblesPerSecond. From a 29 gallon tank. with 72W of t5 light fixture.