This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New To Co2, Recommendations For Dissolution Methods.

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Doughnut, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Doughnut

Doughnut New Member

Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    Hey everyone, I've been a lurker for a while. I've keep planted tanks for several years prior to this but have never done co2. Let me start by saying that the noob co2 thread is great info, I really appreciate the input everyone had in it. I've got a Victor 250C that I'm building, Burkert 24v solenoid and a Hoke 1335F2Y valve. I plan on going to a Parker store(very accessible to me) soon and get it all plumbed together instead of going with Swagelok.

I guess I've got two main questions:
    1. I can't decide how I want to dissolve the co2. It's a 20g tall tank. With the canister and a co2 tank, there isn't a lot of room left. Also, under the stand is a HVAC floor vent that I can't block. I was thinking about going inline to keep stuff out of the tank, but I don't want a ton of micro bubbles. Can you change my mind and recommend either a small reactor that I can fit inside the stand OR recommend a good inline diffuser that won't cause a ton of bubbles. I've heard good things about the Co2Art inline.

2. Maybe this answers it's self, but I see a lot of the regrets builds don't have the bubble counter on the post body. I plan on putting a CV after the valve but see a lot of you saying the bubble counters leak. Is it better to put it further down stream and add a redundant CV? How would that work with a reactor or inline diffuser. Would I go ahead and mount it to the post body in those situations?

Thank you very much!
    -Dough

Tags: