This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New to aquascaping and planted aquariums

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by mstasa, Aug 9, 2009.

1. mstasa

mstasa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:33 PM
    Hi i just start my 10 gallon aquarium by way of the dry start method, i was wondering if i was doing everything ok. I used eco-complete substrate, and in that i planted micro sword and dwraf hairgrass in the corners. i seperated the clumps and used dividers under the substrate so the two plants would not mix. i added aome water so the gravel would be fairly wet. also i have the tank covered with suran wrap and lighted by 25 watts for 12 hours on. So what else should i be doing. should i add any flourish or mist the plants a few times a week. thanks

2. mstasa

mstasa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    by the way when the lights are on the tank is around 78 fahrenhet, but drops to 72 fahrenheit when light are off. would this be a problem. Thanks again

3. mstasa

mstasa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    My micro swords are beginning to turn brownish yellow. but only a few. however, its only been two days. Help please. any info is helpful