This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New Tank Start and Algae

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by geektom, Jul 27, 2017.

1. alessandro

alessandro New Member

Local Time:
    8:17 PM
    there is no doubt that chelated iron is more effective than few iron nails buried in the gravel, but you need to dose that on a regular basis.

Iron nails cost almost nothing and are available for the plant roots all the time. It is a fact that in my over 30 years plant aquarium experience I have verified times and again their effectiveness. when I have those in the gravel I do not experience iron deficiencies in my plants.
    Many plants strongly grow their roots firmly attatched to those, expecially the plants you give enough time to grow in the same spot. ( plants talk to us, but we need to listen...... it is clear they love those nails they firmly grab them)

VaughnH likes this.
  2. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Member

Local Time:
    7:17 PM
    There are many routes to success ;)