New Tank Pics - {after the great Rhizo war of 2010}

pat w

Nov 4, 2009
Daphne, AL (east Mobile Bay)
A few shots of the tank after victory in the Rhizo war.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The white river doesn't show as well in the pics as it does live.

I need to do a trim on the HM in front of the rock.

The Ludwigia is a beautiful shade of green which would be OK except it's supposed to be red. I'll be adding some more Iron.

The Lindernia has stopped making the beeline for the top but the leaves seem to be a little stunted. Just don't get to the size they were during DSM and the variegation doesn't really show well. {Wet: any thoughts}

The Polygonum is the hottest runner in the tank and requires trimming and replanting on about a two week interval. One more trim and after that I'll be offering cuttings up for trade.

All in all, I happy considering this is a first attempt for me.

As always comments and suggestions welcome.

Later,
Pat

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
You "need" some nice rock/wood for the hard scape:)

Regards,
Tom Barr

anda

Junior Poster
Jul 17, 2010
Montreal
Nice thank but I would replace the background with black or blue... We can't see the plants and scape very well with this background. ;)

pat w

Nov 4, 2009
Daphne, AL (east Mobile Bay)
Tom Barr;56840 said:
You "need" some nice rock/wood for the hard scape:)

Regards,
Tom Barr

And just what wood/rock do "you" recommend?:rolleyes:

dutchy;56841 said:
Nice to hear everything worked out well. I'd remove that football that's in there though ;)

regards,
dutchy

As you're in Europe, I'm assuming that by football you mean something basically round ie. the rock. That is a very cool rock:cool:; worn absolutly smooth and when viewed live you can really see the stratification in it.

anda;56843 said:
Nice thank but I would replace the background with black or blue... We can't see the plants and scape very well with this background. ;)

But it does pass the spousal acceptance test and the tank is in the living room. I tried blue and black and it really didn't go over well

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Nice Setup

Hi Pat,

Good looking tank! :) I think you “river” shows nicely. ;)

You worked hard and were consistent, another way of saying a reasonable amount of patience. :)

Significant other approval trumps every other consideration. :cool:

Biollante