This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New tank just arrived

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by strat100z, Mar 9, 2011.

1. strat100z

strat100z Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
    My new tank has just arrived,it is a 4x2x2 rimless made by http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/,unfortunately i couldn't afford at this time to go for the starfire glass so i am making do with normal float glass.This will be my first planted tank after a few years hiatus away from aquariums.It sits on a home-made stand,to house the 2 eheim 2260 filters.
    So as i have been away for awhile i need to ask loads of questions and find out hell of a lot more before i set it up and running.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I like the setup already.. very attractive all around..

so, what are your questions????

What are you goals?

What type of equipment do you have now?

What type of fish will you have?

Etc, etc, etc.

3. strat100z

strat100z Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you.
    The goal is to have a long term low maintenance scape with no stems,just ferns bolbitus cyperus helferi and some blyxa and cant decide between tennelus or hairgrass for a foreground.dont want it heavily populated,just shrimps tetras and maybe a pair if appistogramma.
    As this is my first foray into planted tanks just trying to get things nice and easy and take it from there.
    Equipment list is
    1x arcadia 4x54w pendant of which i shall be using 2 of the 4 bulbs about 12inches above surface of the water.
    2x eheim 2260,i filled with eheim lava stuff and 1 filled with alfagrog.
    2x lilypipes from aquaria hk
    2x hydor eth at 300w that shall be run on a closed loop with a eheim 1062,
    co2 is pressurized and going through 2 up aqua inline diffusers.
    substrate will be wormcastings and sand,topped by kitty litter.

only thing i havnt got is inpipes for the eheims which at 1" is a pain so am thinking of making my own out of acrylic tubing,unless somebody has a better idea?
    Questions to come shortly.
    regards

4. strat100z

strat100z Junior Poster

Local Time:
    This is the photo that got me started thinking about planted tanks,it inspires me,so simple yet so effective,keep thinking about trying to reproduce it.
    [​IMG]

5. strat100z

strat100z Junior Poster

Local Time:
    The hardest part of setting this tank up is trying to get some wood branches etc,as i cant get manzanita in the uk,so the hunt is on but cant seem to find anything thats going to suit,and thats what is stalling me starting the tank up.:(