This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New tank GSA

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, Apr 4, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:10 AM
    I am not sure if I need to increase something in my EI Dosing or what.
    The solar car screen I have found is not light proof. The morning sun may be leaking through enough to give me GSA on the glass front. Wonder if I spray black paint on the back of the solar screen if it would not allow light in? I can I increase a nutrient? I think I would like to add iron for my plant are yellow. What type do I use? Can I get some powder local?
    I am running my light for 8hrs

2. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:10 AM
    Black paint works great to block sun, I have painted it on the side of tanks that were getting sun from a window and it did fine in blocking it.

GSA reportedly can be a sign of low phosphate, so you might want to try bumping that a bit. However that's never fixed the problem when I've had it, increasing water changes and having a good algae eater is what's done it for me, so my issue must have been caused by something other than low phosphate.