This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New setup Ferts, lights question.

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Skyfish, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Skyfish

Skyfish Prolific Poster

Hi all,

I'm tearing down my 124x50x55 tank, (which will be converted to a saltwater tank) and starting a new 90x45x45 cam tank. In my 4ft I have had soil/powersand for about a year, I will the first 3 inches, an inch above the PS and use that in the new tank, thereby transfering the bectaria/mulm. And I will use 2 new bags of 3L AS on top of the old soil.

I will be doing EI in this new tank. what I wanted to know was as follows:

1/ Shall I start full dosing of EI form day one?
    2/ Shall I keep the lights low for the first 2 weeks?

I have followed the above procedure when I first did EI but without the AS/PS. Then when I got AS/PS I used ADA Ferts, which made me broke. So taking Tom's advise I am going to this time just use AS and do EI. Of course will full CO2 from the start. Lights will be 1 x 150w ADA MH and 1 x 36w 6,700K CF and 1 x 55w either 9,325K or 10K CF. CF is AHsupply.

I just needed the above questions answered. I will be using Zeolite in the filter. My filter will be used as is, which is well matured already. So I am hoping I won't have too much of an NH4 spike.

Thanks in advance.