This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New Member But I've Been Here Awhile.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brandon Kidd, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Brandon Kidd

Brandon Kidd Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    I haven't had aquariums my whole life. In fact only about 5 years. My brother gave me a tank, and told me that I have the personality of someone who would excel with aquariums. He thought I would quickly learn and convert to salt tanks. I did not.

I had a few fish, my tank was goofy with plastic toys and hiding spots. Then it just got boring for me. I am a very active person, I love to learn and work with my hands. Keep fish is just too tame for me. I needed more.

I saw some plants at the lfs. So naturally I went home and started to research some of the plants I saw, anubias, Java, mossimo, all common low light plants. And thats when the door to aquascaping was unlocked for me. The styles and colors , the infinite scapes and plus of plants. It was what I needed in my aquarium life.

I started a 10 gallon, I used what I could find locally at chain stores. Bacopa, hairgrass, windelov. Low light and small fertz and excel inert soil. It did good. All the while I was learning more and more.

Then
    26547.jpeg

Next I took it to the next level in a 20 gallon, then 40 gallon breeder, getting better with each setup.

I have just decided to take the plunge and bought a full co2 setup for high light. I just planted two days ago.

Also worth mentioning, I have been on Barr report since the begining. I tried to join groups on Facebook and use resources such as planted tank but what I found was there was a lot of people arguing and a lot of misinformation and time and time again I would come back to the bar report in feel as if I was getting quality information that I felt good about using in applying in my techniques.

After buying this high light CO2 setup I realized it was time to join the community because it's just so much easier to get the answers I need from people who are doing it, and skip all the speculation.

I look forward to being part of conversation and discussion for years to come. Keep up all the awesome work guys and gals

Brandon kidd

IMG_20190218_222145_156.jpg

MVIMG_20180723_194613.jpg

#1 Brandon Kidd, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Christophe and easternlethal like this.