This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New Madagascar Lace Plant Nursery

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by James V Freeman, Apr 5, 2018.

1. James V Freeman

James V Freeman New Member

Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    Dear fellow aquatic plant enthusiasts,

I have started a licensed aquatic plant nursery specializing in the varieties of Madagascar lace plant, and I’m wondering what would be the best venue and best advertising to sell these plants, maybe build a healthy business. After two years of experimentation and breakthroughs, I have figured out how to germinate, plant and sustain a high percentage of healthy seedlings that come from vigorous, self-dividing parent plants (my breeding cows) which provide a steady yield of flowers. In these conditions everything is growing faster, and I’m not seeing dormancy in the two varieties I’ve had since the beginning. EBay and Amazon don’t look too promising, though I am just beginning to offer plants for sale. I’m sure that the big nurseries clone these, but I hope to earn a comfortable market share despite. What is the most effective way to retail these? At some point I may consider wholesale but not unless I grow on a considerably larger scale.

Thanks,

Jim

2. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    Whats the website?

3. tiger15

tiger15 Member

Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    I am not aware there is a market for lace plant enthusiasts. It’s not like Buce or Anubias with unlimited varieties that can fit in all aquascapes. Lace plants have striking foliage texture, but not easy to fit in or use much in aquascapes.

4. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    The last I saw it was 18$ at the LFS. I might splurge next time.

Tags: